Water Helps to Lose Weight
10 Important Reasons Why
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
There are an infinite number of reasons why water helps to lose weight, since water regulates all functions in the human body.
This fact alone makes it easy to understand the importance of drinking water while dieting.
Most weight-loss programs are focused on appetite suppression, calorie burning and increased metabolism.
Drinking enough filtered water daily does all of this naturally and inexpensively.
In addition, initial weight loss is often due to loss of water.
Drinking more water while dieting will help to avoid dehydration, since even mild dehydration can inhibit the type of weight loss most people are looking for—the riddance of fat.
10 Most Important Reasons to Drink Water
The following are ten of the most important reasons water helps to lose weight.
- Suppresses appetite. Drinking water separates the sensations of thirst and hunger. It also helps to suppress appetite naturally. Studies have shown that people naturally eat less if they drink 8 to 16 ounces of water 30 minutes before the meal.
- Increases calorie burning. According to the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, calorie burning increases by as much as 30 percent when the body is fully hydrated. This fact alone should tell us that there is simply no easier way to support a healthy weight-loss program than drinking enough water daily.
- Helps remove toxins. When dieting, additional calories are burned, creating more metabolic waste and toxins in the body. Nothing supports the body’s natural means of detoxification than clean water.
- Helps metabolize fat. The body must be fully hydrated in order to efficiently metabolize stored fat. Dehydration slows the fat-burning process. Water speeds it up.
- Improves muscle tone. Water helps maintain and improve muscle tone, which increases metabolism. Increased metabolism means increased calorie burning.
- Promotes bowel regularity. When dehydrated, the body will siphon the water it needs from the colon, thus contributing to constipation. Healthy bowel function and regularity is essential for healthy weight loss.
- Prevents constipation. Water is the best lubricating laxative and prevents constipation. In addition, any healthy diet includes high-fiber foods. The additional fiber can cause constipation when adequate water is not also consumed.
- Speeds exercise recovery. Drinking water before, during, and after exercise can help reduce muscle soreness and joint pain and allow the body to recover more quickly.
- Boosts energy. Dehydration reduces blood volume and the supply of oxygen to the muscles, making you feel tired. The main way to boost energy is by drinking water.
- Prevents water retention. When we don’t drink enough water, the body perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold onto the water, storing it in the fluid surrounding cells. The retained water begins to show up as swollen ankles, feet, legs and hands. Drinking plenty of water is the best way to prevent water retention.
This list could go on and on. Water helps to lose weight in an infinite number of ways. But suffice it to say that drinking the right amount of filtered drinking water, along with healthy eating and moderate exercise, is essential to any weight-loss program.
Return from Water Helps to Lose Weight to Drinking Water and Weight Loss
If you would like to reproduce or republish this article or any other article on this site, feel free to do so but please include a reference or link to the article at WaterBenefitsHealth.com.