Spring Body Detoxification
10 Simple Tips
by Nancy Hearn, CNC
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Since most of us tend to eat heavier foods and exercise less during the winter, our bodies accumulate metabolic waste and store more toxins in our fat cells. This is the main reason why spring body detoxification is important.
The four critical pathways of detoxification in the body are urination, respiration, perspiration, and defecation.
So what happens in spring, as the weather begins to warm, is that your body will start to naturally detoxify itself.
As the toxins are moving out of your body, you can become more vulnerable to cold and flu bugs.
Thus, anything you can do to lighten the load, so to speak, to help your body eliminate toxins more efficiently will be beneficial to your health and help prevent colds and flus.
10 Spring Body Detoxification Tips
There are many different ways to cleanse and detoxify your body, most of which are quite simple. The following are 10 ways you can begin now to start a spring body detoxification process:
- Drink more clean water. Whatever amount you are drinking right now, try to increase your daily intake by 16 to 32 ounces. Start drinking filtered water or lemon water as soon as you wake up in the morning and try to drink at least 16 ounces 30 minutes before breakfast.
- Drink lemon water. Squeeze the juice of one-fourth to one-half of a fresh-cut lemon in 16 ounces of water and drink it before breakfast or lunch. Lemon water provides an effective but gentle liver and blood cleanse. For optimal benefit, use fresh-squeezed lemons rather than bottled or frozen lemon juice or lemonade.
- Increase your exercise. If you haven’t been exercising regularly during the winter, start now with a 15-minute daily walk to flush your lymph system, which will also boost your immunity. If you have been exercising, either increase the duration by 15 minutes or slightly increase the intensity.
- Sleep with your window open at night. Even if it’s still a bit cold out, crack your window at night and put on a few more blankets. Breathing fresh air is critical while you sleep and will help to oxygenate your cells.
- Breathe deeply throughout the day. Remember, most toxins are eliminated through urine and respiration. Thus, focus on expelling your air completely and thoroughly many times a day. When you do this, you will naturally breathe in more deeply.
- Brush your skin. Our skin is our largest eliminative organ. Thus, before showering, brush your skin lightly with a dry skin brush, a loofa sponge, or raw silk gloves. This is a very effective way to remove dead skin to assist your body’s ability to eliminate toxins through your skin.
- Drink daily detox tea. There are many daily detox herbal teas available at health food stores that are helpful for removing debris from the colon. Ask your health practitioner or health store representative for recommendations. Avoid detox teas that contain cascara sagrada or senna as these herbs tend to be irritating to the colon and often cause loose stools.
- Eat more raw food. Rather than focusing on losing the extra weight or giving up your favorite comfort foods, eat more raw fruits and vegetables (preferably organic). Increase your intake of vegetables, with lesser amounts of fresh fruits, seeds, and raw nuts. Raw food provides an abundance of nutrients as well as enzymes.
- Take a sauna. Heat therapies such as the Far-Infrared (FIR) sauna are highly effective ways of removing toxins through sweating. Consider a series of FIR saunas to increase how much and how deeply you sweat.
- Enjoy hydrotherapy. While you shower, alternate hot and cold water to stimulate blood flow through your organs of elimination. Visiting a mineral hot springs or sitting in a spa or jacuzzi are other beneficial ways to enjoy hydrotherapy.
Taking a few proactive steps now to detoxify your body will lower your risk of illness and boost your immune system. In addition, you will most likely experience increased energy levels and vitality.
Return from Spring Body Detoxification to Health Benefits of Drinking Water
If you would like to reproduce or republish this article or any other article on this site, feel free to do so but please include a reference or link to the article at WaterBenefitsHealth.com.
Did you find this page helpful? Please share it . . .
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.