Do you take for granted the many ways
water benefits health and fitness?
Water is foundational to all life, including the human body. In fact, the average adult is about 70% water -- and so is our planet.
We all know water benefits health. Yet most of us unknowingly suffer from chronic dehydration, the underlying cause of many illnesses.
Drinking the right amount of the right type of water will improve every function in the body, enhance athletic performance, and even slow the aging process.
This water benefits health guide is about all aspects of water -- for drinking, for healing, for bathing, and for sustaining life on our planet.
Water is the most valuable resource on earth, and I believe it will be even more so in the near future. In fact, many economists are saying "Water is the next oil."
Water Drinking Basics
As a certified health and nutrition consultant, I have gleaned some insights about the benefits of drinking clean water. Thus, on this site, you will find answers to some common questions:
- What is the importance of drinking water?
- How do I know if I am drinking enough water?
- What are the dehydration effects of water loss in the body?
- Is drinking too much water bad for you?
- How do I replenish electrolytes after exercising?
- What is the best drinking water for optimal health?
- What is in tap water and why do I need a water filter?
- What are the most effective water purification methods?
You will also understand the health benefits of drinking water in relation to many specific issues, including weight loss, asthma and allergies, gastrointestinal problems, heart and circulation, joint issues, cancer and autoimmune diseases.
Drinking Waters and Water Filters
Discover health advantages and disadvantages of some of the most popular types of drinking waters, including:
- Tap water
- Bottled water
- Filtered drinking water
- Distilled water
- Kangen drinking water
- Vitamin water
- Ionized water
- Reverse osmosis water
- Spring water
- Alkaline water
- Ozonated drinking water
It took me a number of years to sort out the facts about the different types of drinking waters -- and I am still learning.
If you are like me, you will find it hard to get the straight scoop online from the manufacturers.
Find out why I recommend filtered drinking water over tap water or bottled water. And learn how to choose the best water filter system for your home.
We also offer water filter reviews and recommendations based on years of personal experience and consumer research -- to help you save time and money.
I hope you will enjoy learning and contributing on Water Benefits Health and that you come back often!
Our Most Popular Pages . . .
- Site Blog - News and Updates
- Keep up to date on all the new additions and changes to WaterBenefitsHealth.com. Subscribe to our website blog.
- Health Benefits of Drinking Water: The Healthy Cell Concept
- Learn the health benefits of drinking water for a wide range of conditions, including painful joints or muscles, headaches, weight loss, water retention, skin problems, and more.
- Drinking Water and Weight Loss
- Discover the close connection between drinking water and weight loss. Calorie burning does increase when the body is fully hydrated.
- Proper Hydration Basics for Sports and Fitness
- Proper hydration is essential for anyone who exercises, but especially for athletes and fitness enthusiasts. Learn proper hydration basics.
- Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water for Health and Vitality
- The health benefits of drinking lemon water include liver cleansing, improved digestion and elimination, increased body alkalinity, and more..
- Water and Salt - Balanced Intake Are Essential for Health and Hydration
- Water and salt regulate the water content in the body. Drinking water without adequate salt and potassium intake will not correct chronic dehydration.
- Drinking Enough Water Daily Is the Foundation of Health
- How much water is enough to hydrate your body? A simple way to find out if you are drinking enough water.
- Dehydration Effects: Acute and Chronic
- The dehydration effects of both acute and chronic water loss in the body are significant. Learn more about the signs and symptoms of dehydration.
- What Is In Tap Water? Why Every Home Needs a Water Filter
- A brief summary of what is in tap water, listing some common contaminants and where they come from.
- Bottled Drinking Water -- Know What You're Getting
- Bottled drinking water is the fastest growing drink choice in America. EPA recommends consumers learn to read water labels and understand bottled water terms.
- Filtered Drinking Water - Four Important Benefits
- Filtered drinking water is the safest and least expensive type of drinking water. Learn four important benefits and understand how filtered water differs from purified water.
- The Best Drinking Water: 6 Key Qualities for Optimal Health and Hydration
- The best drinking water that promotes health has six qualities that are best obtained from a home water filtration system.
- Ozonated Drinking Water - Is It Healthy or Not?
- Ozonated drinking water is a highly controversial topic. Learn the advantages and disadvantages. Join the debate!
- Water Filter Reviews and How to Choose a Water Filter
- Professional water filter reviews and how to choose a water filter. Learn the pros and cons of water filtration and water purification methods.
- Whole House Water Filter Systems - Reviews and Recommendations
- A whole house water filter system is the most convenient of all water systems and can provide clean, healthy water for drinking, bathing, and cooking - if you know what to look for.
- Countertop Tap Water Filter - A Popular and Effective Choice
- A countertop tap water filter is a popular and effective choice for getting clean, healthy drinking water in the convenience of your home at a good price.
- Under Sink Water Filters - Reviews and Recommendations
- Under sink water filters - advantages and disadvantages, reviews and product recommendations by a hydration specialist.
- Faucet Water Filters - Reviews and Recommendations
- Faucet water filters reviews and recommendations by a hydration specialist.
- Shower Filter Reviews and Recommendations
- Shower filter reviews and recommendations from a water filtration specialist. Significantly reduce your health risks related to chlorine and its by-products.
- Portable Water Filters and Water Purifiers - Reviews and Recommendations
- Portable water filters and water purifiers have become not only a conveneience, but a necessity for many people who want to be prepared for emergency situations or natural disasters.
- Basic Types of Water Pollution
- Learn the seven basic types of water pollution, their causes and effects. This knowledge is fundamental in finding solutions to water pollution -- both on an individual and global scale.
- Helpful Water Links
- A brief summary of some of the most useful and inspiring online resources and helpful water links fort the health benefits of safe drinking water.
- Recommended Water Books -- For Health, Fitness, and Longevity
- Recommended water books with brief descriptions by Nancy Hearn, hydration specialist and health consultant. Favorite authors include Emoto, Batmanghelidj, Mu Shik Jhon.
- Questions about Water and Water Filters
- Questions about water in relation to health and fitness? Questions about water filters? Ask them here and we will do our best to respond.
- About Us
- Nancy Hearn is the author of this site and a certified health and nutrition consultant. Nancy has a deep appreciation for the health benefits of drinking water.
- Contact WaterBenefitsHealth.com
- Contact Nancy at WaterBenefitsHealth.com for questions, comments, feedback.
- Water Benefits Health Site Search
- Water benefits health site search to help you quickly find what you're looking for.